There are many categories of stains that can ruin a mattress. Perhaps one of the most challenging substances to deal with is blood. Blood is almost instantly absorbed into the fibers of the mattress, after which it becomes very difficult to wash it off using conventional methods. People are wondering how they can remove blood stains from a mattress without spending a lot of time and effort on this procedure. Fortunately, there are many effective methods that allow you to remove blood pollution so that there is not a single trace left of them. Specialists providing professional blood spill cleanup service have shared some useful tips.
• Soda with salt. A mixture of these ingredients can be very useful if you are looking for an effective way to remove blood stains from a mattress. The method is possible to use dealing with fresh stains. It is necessary to moisten the bloodstains with carbonated water, then sprinkle with salt and leave to soak for several hours. After some time, you need to clean off the remains of salt and stains.
• Water and soap. Although this method is considered old-school, even a professional blood spill cleanup service resorts to it sometimes. You need to take laundry soap and, crumble it into water, stir the solution thoroughly. After that, treat the bloodstains on the mattress. After the solution absorbs, you should rub it with a brush.
• Boric acid. How to remove blood from a mattress quickly and effectively? Try a solution of boric acid. Boric acid has long been proven to be a good home remedy for stains, including bloodstains. How to remove blood stains from a mattress with this remedy? It is enough to moisten the stains with a cotton pad in boric acid, let the solution do its job, and then remove excess moisture from the mattress.
• Hydrogen peroxide. In case blood has already managed to be firmly absorbed into the fibers of your mattress, you can use the method recommended by a blood spill cleanup service – hydrogen peroxide. You should apply it to the bloodstain for 30-60 minutes, after which the remnants should be cleaned from the surface of the mattress.
• Special cleaning products. How to remove old blood stains from a mattress if you want to use proven methods? In this case, a blood spill cleanup service recommends using enzymatic cleaners. It is enough to strictly follow the manufacturer’s instructions, which are always indicated on the container with the cleaning product.
These ways to remove a blood stain from a mattress have proven to be effective.
General tips for removing blood stains:
• Make sure the water is not hot before cleaning blood stains on the mattress. The fact is that hot water leads to accelerated blood clotting, which will be even more difficult to wash off.
• Try not to allow moisture to penetrate deep into the mattress.
If you can’t wash the blood off the mattress yourself, turn to the professional blood spill cleanup service to do it for you.